Critical Care RN
- - Guardian Critical Care Service
- New Lenox, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
The Critical Care Nurse will provide care and treatment of chronically or acutely ill and/or injured patients transported by Guardian Critical Care transport
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide high quality care to patients in the transport environment under the direction of the Medical control and the referring and/or receiving Physician in accordance with Guardian Critical Care SMO
• Evaluate patients of all age groups, provide therapeutic intervention, emergency interventions, and preparation for transport
• Collaborate with other members of the team, including Critical Care Paramedic partner, EMT B, leadership, other healthcare partners and customers.
• Assess for and detect changes in the status of patients and demonstrate a proactive approach to solving patient and family problems that may arise.
• Plan, organize and position equipment and supplies for use in emergency conditions before, during and after transport.
• Provide complete and accurate records and charting according to Guardian Critical Care policies.
• Maintain clinical proficiency across all aspects of the Critical Care Division's scope of practice including care of patients with neurological, cardiac, pediatric, obstetrical, and traumatic emergencies, and any other patient populations transported by Guardian Critical Care.
• Maintain clinical competency in all critical care procedures and equipment, including ventilators, IV pumps, dopplers, chest tubes, hemodynamic monitoring, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, ventricular assist devices, and advanced airway management.
• Minimum 2 years of combined current critical care experience (example: ICU, CCU, ED)
• Current state RN License.
• Current certification in AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS PEPP or ENPC
• Current trauma certification in ITLS, PHTLS, TNS, Or TNCC
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Certification in a critical care specialty (CCRN, CEN, CTRN, CFRN)
• Critical Care Transport experience
• Demonstrated Leadership e.g. preceptor, charge nurse, advancement on a clinical ladder
Expectations for Further Training
Within One (1) Year
• NRP Certification
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing including a complete physical and lifting agility examination.
• Must be able to work in confined space in a stressful environment while providing patient care required.
We are excited to meet you - we have open interviews Monday – Friday from 10:00AM – 2:00PM at the cooperate headquarters in New Lenox, IL.
Call us today at (815) 485-7300 to discuss your individual opportunity.