Dispatch/Communications Center Supervisor
- - Kurtz Ambulance Service
- New Lenox, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Kurtz Ambulance Service – Dispatcher Supervisor - New Lenox, IL
Dispatcher Supervisors wanted for our New Lenox location. This is a full-time position with exceptional benefits.
- Job Summary
- Supervises and assists in directing the daily operations of the Communications Center staff and/or support staff. Ensures a seamless coordination of all surface and air transport requests made through the Communication Center.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Specialized and/or advanced clerical, technical or other vocational training in emergency medicine/communications acquired during the first 2 years of job-related training.
- 1 year experience in a communications center. Supervisory experience preferred.
- EMD certification is required at time of hire or within 1 month of employment. NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 are required at time of hire or within 1 month of employment.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including radio and telephone. Excellent problem-solving skills preferred. Excellent data entry and keyboard skills. Proficiency with computer aided dispatch applications and general computer skills. Proficiency at spelling and basic mathematics.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the orientation of new communications center personnel. Participates in staff on-going education. Identifies staff development needs. Completes daily staffing sheets and participates in staff scheduling processes.
- Collects data to be used in the completion of monthly reports.
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Ensures that transport requests are handled promptly, appropriately and courteously. Reviews, approves, prioritizes and assigns all transport requests as needed. Ensures that the service is provided in accordance with approved policies, procedures and practices; and that status of request is communicated in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Functions as a Dispatcher during their normal work hours. Maintains a working and troubleshooting knowledge of all telecommunication and Communications Center equipment (pagers, cell phones, portable radios, phone and dispatch system) and computer software.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical and business developments and communicates relevant information to the work group.
- Monitors and directs workflow during assigned Shift and ensures work is completed accurately.
- Monitors quality control and improvement activities. Audits paperwork and databases for accuracy of information. Reports inconsistencies to manager and provides QA/PI reports as required.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Provides 24 hour on-call availability in case of emergencies and call offs.
- Plans, coordinates, assists, supervises and directs the activities of the Communications Center staff and/or support staff. Ensures there is a collaborative relationship between communications center staff. Utilizes effective interpersonal skills to identify and resolve any/all conflicts, decrease communication barriers and facilitates group effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Compensation includes
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Aflac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Recruitment Referral Program
- Advancement Opportunities
- Overtime Opportunities
- No Cost CPR, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS Renewal
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media