CVR Energy Medical and Rescue Technician Wynnewood, OK
- - Kurtz Industrial Fire Service
- Wynnewood, OK, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
The Medical and Rescue Technician (MRT), very similar to a firefighter/EMT, performs duties associated with the provision of emergency medical care to individuals requiring such attention on scene or in a 1stAid facility.
The Medical and Rescue Technician shall serve as part of an Industrial Fire Brigade. The Medical and Rescue Technician will report directly to their immediate supervisor. The Medical and Rescue Technician will respond and assist on all emergencies to include, but not limited to, Medical, HazMat, Fire, Rescue (confined space and high angle), and Oil Spill Response.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly
- Administers necessary life support, basic or acute, to patients at the scene, as stated by protocol, and in a pre-hospital setting.
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
- Rescues and extricates victims of accidents, sudden illness or entrapment using proper rescue and medical techniques
- Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrangements for reception of patient to appropriate facility
- Maintains order at emergency scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint nearing the scene.
- Completes patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other required forms in a competent and timely manner.
- Commits towards protecting the privacy of all patient information
- Responds to Dispatch instructions
- Operates specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed.
- Maintains specified emergency vehicle, assuring vehicle is in good working condition, clean, stocked, organized and ready for transport. Maintains accurate records of equipment.
- Assists in routine tasks in and around ambulance service site
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current state EMT-Basic or Paramedic certification
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or American Heart Association BCLS certification and/or ASHI CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Must read, write and speak English
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Valid state driver's license
- Ability to analyze and interpret difficult and complex patient care and personnel situations
- Ability to remain calm in an escalated situation and project a professional image at all times.
- Ability to work any shift assigned, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency basis.
- Must meet local standards pertaining to qualifications, training and/or eligibility for hiring placement or promotion.
- Works independently with minimal supervision for assigned tasks
- Understands and follows federal, state, and local laws, procedures, and rules
- Maintains a positive and cooperative working environment, effectively creating strong working relationships with all levels of personnel
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 12 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 12 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc.
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Must have the physical and health capacity to potentially encounter blood, bodily fluids or tissue, possible spills or splashes of these substances, viruses, or disease.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media