Paramedic McIntosh, AL
- - Kurtz Industrial Fire Service
- McIntosh, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Kurtz Industrial Fire Services, Inc., is seeking candidates for its client site in McIntosh, AL. Kurtz provides firefighters and safety personnel in several locations across the country in many different settings. Kurtz' employees enjoy some of the best salaries, have access to an exceptional benefits package and have a real opportunity to grow.
- Drive and operate emergency response vehicles during emergency incidents. Operates fire pumps and associated suppression equipment required to control an incident.
- Selects proper firefighting tools and equipment to control and extinguish fires. Uses ladders to gain access to assist individuals from affected structures.
- Perform search and rescue operations, as necessary.
- Utilizes appropriate safety equipment, removes hazardous materials from buildings and assists in determing corrective action.
- Provides emergency medical care.
- Responsible for developing and delivering training sessions as assigned.
- Performs inspections, preventative maintenance, and minor repairs to emergency response equipment. Records all pertinent information regarding inspections and maintenance.
- Performs required testing and inspection of fire protection and suppresion systems. Records all pertinent information regarding testing and inspections.
- If a Paramedic, perform ALS care in accordance with all applicable protocols including local and state EMT protocols.
- Follow established policies, rules and procedures utilizing personal protective equipment as required. Reports all EH&S problems, violations or concerns to the appropriate individual. Attends basic safety training and other related or required courses.
- Conduct other plan support services, as assigned.
Excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- High-quality health insurance coverage with PPO or HSA plans
- Vision insurance provided by VSP
- Dental insurance provided by MetLife
- 401(k) with $1 for $1 company match up to 4% of the employee salary, with immediate vesting
- Short-term disability insurance provided by AFLAC
- Education reimbursement program
- Rich Paid Time Off Program
- Get paid extra when you work a holiday
- Fully company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary benefits including group auto, group home, pet insurance, group purchasing program, identity protection and legal plan
- Daily on the job and company paid training
- Shift trade program allows for flexible scheduling
- Overtime opportunities
- AHA CPR card
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful background investigations with MVR, & criminal records,
- Physical fitness/agility
- Drug/alcohol screening
- FFI and FFII with 3 years of firefighting experience
- Alabama certified Emergency Medical Technician (or Paramedic)
- Must be qualified emergency vehicle driver/operator
- Higher education in related fire protection courses preferred